Sunday 13 April 2014

Return

Since I felt like I want to be more aware of how I feel and how I act, also regarding to the whole OCD thing, I decided to get back to one of the most loving communities I've ever been part of: Proud. I've been talking about this website and forum before, but if you are new, I will explain what it is. Proud is a website with information about eating disorders for people who have troubles with eating or want information about these mental illnesses. It also has a forum where people, mostly females, can talk with each other about their problems, ask for advice or simply about things they like. I’ve been on that website a long time ago for a long time and back then, it helped me realize that I was doing the wrong thing. I am happy it helped me realize a lot of things and, partly because of the website and its members, I can now call myself ED-free.

Some time ago, when I had no longer problems with eating, I returned to the website to thank the people who helped me and to apologize, because I misbehaved miserably and I felt bad for what I did and what I said. But after some time, I started to notice that being in their presence and in those kind of environments, only made me more conscious about food, my weight and most importantly, losing weight. The best thing I could do, back then, was leaving the website once more and focussing more on other things in life. Obviously, I wasn’t ready yet to get back there.

But again, after a year or so, I wanted to get back to Proud, because I missed it’s loving and accepting community so much and I felt like I needed support with battling the troubles I am having now. I have truly been searching for a community like Proud, but instead of focussing on eating disorders, I wanted to find something that was made for people with obsessive compulsive disorder, so I could mainly focus on that. Unfortunately, I couldn’t find anything.

That’s what made me return to Proud once more. Right now, I am not yet very active on the forum, but I want to be again and I would like to make ‘friends’ too. I might even meet some people who are battling the same problems! Anyway, the members of the forum said they accept me being there, even though I am not there for troubles with eating.

On the forum, members can open a thread that they call their ‘diary’. It’s basically a thread where they will write from time till time about what they think and how they feel. I opened one as well. Hopefully, I will be more active on the website, because I really enjoyed it back then!

That’s all, I suppose. I wanted to update you all with this information. Oh, and you may have noticed some changes in my blog! I was getting bored with the old theme and shit, so I changed it. Let me know what you think. 

No comments:

Post a Comment